Friday, November 13, 2009

First time preaching






Hello again,
Last Sunday, Nov 8th, While we were anchored because of the storms earlier, church teams were still on schedule and we went out via lifeboat to the closest dock. The life vest made my nice shirt dirty, but it's a laid back island so no one besides my friends commented on it. My team consisted of two other people: Jereme' from France and Woo-Young from S. Korea. Can you guess from the picture whose who? They both gave a missions presentation and I preached for my first time. It was exactly 6 months after my 25th birthday..or 6 months to my 26th birthday I suppose...It was a Pentecostal church of about 40 people. I spoke on Romans chapter 6; no longer being slaves to sin. After church, the pastor took us to get some coconut water from street vendors, then out to lunch...yes the place is called Brown Sugar!