Friday, August 28, 2009

Leaving Delden, Going To Trinidad




Hello Everybody,
The GO Conference here in Holland has come to a rapid close and Sunday morning I will be on a 5 hour bus ride to the airport in Frankfurt Germany. Then my 50 person team will fly directly to Trinidad, then take another short flight to an island nearby for Pre-Ship Training (PST). During the two week training program, internet will be unavailable. I will have access again around September 9th when I aboard the Logos Hope for the first time and begin the mission.
During these last 10 days, I have learned a tremendous amount of info about the vast cultures around the globe. Conferences, workshops, and mission training daily really opened my eyes to new world views. They even had a "simulation" mission for us which was very challenging and intimidating. Know that I feel more prepared to pursue this and I realize how much harder the mission trip would have been if I didn't first experience this time at the conference.