Sunday, March 7, 2010

Preaching at Harbour View Gospel Chapel.





Julia (uk), John (Sweeden), Me, Beth (Lebanon), Beth's mom is visiting (Lebanon), the senior pastor.

This was the second time I preached a full message since the ship was docked in Barbados. Harbour View was a very traditional Brethern Church; a breath of fresh air from the countless Charismatics I've been to week after week. This was definitely more my style, and the worship was quite lovely. I spoke on Colossians 3:15- Having the peace of Christ rule and direct your hearts. I was surprised by how incredibly nice the people were and the vast age difference among the congregation was also encouraging. It has been rare for me to see young men (16-25yr old) in churches throughout Jamaica. They were not only present at Harbour View, but helping out a lot with worship and communion too. The other members of the ship team spoke on ship life and gave an interactive missions presentation that showed people the current situation today involving evangelism and its world view. Beth's mom is on board here visiting and tagged along to experience what church teams do every week, and of course, to watch her daughter speak.